WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization founded by a group of passionate participants in the nascent concept of Independent Asset Managers in Hong Kong.
About AIAM hK
In May 2015, the Association of Independent Asset Managers of Hong Kong (AIAM) was officially founded by team of passionate practitioners who had been amongst those pioneering the concept of independence within the wealth management industry in Hong Kong.
The AIAM aims to be a representative body that would be able to assist the public and all interested parties to foster a better understanding of the Independent Asset Manager business model. It also champions the CFA Code of Ethics as an industry standard for the benefits of its members, industry practitioners, clients and regulatory authorities.
AIAM aims to:
- Assist the public and the various stake holders to have a clear understanding of the unique business model of Independent Asset Managers;;
- Establish, preserve and increase the reputation and professionalism of the IAMs in the region;
- Strive to make an effective contribution to the protection of investors and the combating of unscrupulous business practices in the Wealth Management industry;;
- Exchange best practices as well as share industry trends among the AIAM Members;
- Network with other practitioners and service providers of the eco system locally and around the world;
- Assist in consultation and advisory of potential parties who wish to set up an IAM business in Hong Kong;
- Facilitate, pursue and cultivate the interests of the profession and to define the Code of Ethics & Best Practices which are considered to be exemplary and authoritative beyond the membership;
- Act as a forum for open dialogue with the Securities and Futures Commission and other regulators in Hong Kong to represent the interests of the industry group.
AIAM was established to:
- To be the unified voice to dialog with regulatory authorities and advocate for the needs of IAMs
- To be the center of excellence allowing all people to learn and understand the Independent Asset Managers business model and how they can benefit from their services
- To inform, educate and partner investors in their quest for suitable and high quality investment advice
- To maintain and uphold Integrity, Ethics and the highest level of professional conduct are the cornerstones of the investment services offered and followed by its members
- To represent the interests of the Independent Asset Managers and cultivate an effective communication with all other stake holders in the community including investors, financial institutions, service providers and the regulator
AIAM UPComing events
Principal | 29 July 2020
Webinar: Asian Fixed Income: Impact of Hong Kong security law amidst rising US-China tensions
AIAM ORDINARY MEMBER"AIAM offers professional development, provide insight to market best practices, support its community from compliance and regulatory matters."
AIAM ASSOCIATE MEMBER"AIAM offers a collaborative ecosystem by creating meaningful networking opportunities and by promoting the industry as a whole."
AIAM ORDINARY MEMBER"AIAM is for the industry, by the industry"
AIAM ASSOCIATE MEMBER"AIAM let us act as their knowledge partners by sharing best practice and global market updates."
No account yet? If your firm is a member of AIAM Hong Kong, you can create an account to enjoy membership benefits.
Create an AIAM account here.